Gov. Holcomb: Indiana Remains In Stage 4.5 Through August 27

Local governments may impose more stringent guidelines if they choose to do so.

(Indianapolis, Ind.) – Indiana remains in Stage 4.5 of the Back on Track plan.

Governor Eric Holcomb made the announcement during a media briefing on Wednesday afternoon. The governor says the state will remain in Stage 4.5 through August 27.

“I’m optimistic by nature, but I’m also optimistic about where we’re heading,” said Holcomb. “With some recent requirements and recommendations, I think we can get there. I want to be safe, not sorry.”

Provisions of Stage 4.5 will remain as they are.

Local governments may impose more stringent guidelines if they choose to do so.

Gov. Holcomb also announced that the moratorium on evictions from rental properties and the prohibition on filing foreclosures will be extended through August 14. This aligns with the executive order on the disconnection of utility services.

Gov. Holcomb has also modified the requirement for masks in school buildings. 

Following consultation with the Indiana State Department of Health and the Indiana Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics, the mandatory mask order for schools has been modified to allow students to remove masks for classroom instruction when they are able to maintain at least three to six feet of distance between students.

Dr. Kristina Box reported 630 new positive COVID-19 cases on Wednesday, bringing the state total to 64,299. Data from the Indiana State Department of Health shows eight new COVID-19 related deaths in the last month. The ISDH says there have been 2,733 COVID-19 related deaths since the virus outbreak.

Locally, positive cases range from 423 in Dearborn County to 38 in Ohio County. Dearborn, Ohio, Ripley and Switzerland counties have combined for 37 COVID-19 related deaths. Ohio County has reported zero deaths.

To date, more than 724,000 Hoosiers have been tested. The total positivity rate stands at 8.9 percent.

The 20 to 29-year-old age group has seen the most positive cases in Indiana at 18 percent. Most deaths have come in individuals age 60 and up.

According to the ISDH, 84.8 percent of the state’s ventilators are available. ICU bed availability stands at 43.1 percent.

For more information, visit https://www.coronavirus.in.gov/2393.htm.

RELATED STORIES: 

VIDEO: Positive COVID-19 Cases Rise, Indiana Stays Put At Stage 4.5

Indiana Modifies Back On Track Plan; Moves To Stage 4.5

More from Local News


Events

Oldenburg Academy Names Jason Walke as Director of Academic Innovation

Walke will coordinate immersive educational experiences, including guest speakers, off-campus visits, and service projects.

Ripley County Man Arrested for Burglary in Sunman

The suspect is presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

Regional Street Sweeping Beginning on Sunday, April 6

Motorists should slow down and be aware of slow-moving equipment and potential lane closures during this mobile operation.

Local Sports Report - April 2, 2025

Report missing stats and scores to news@eaglecountryonline.com

South Ripley Varsity Basketball Coach Seve Beach Honored by IBCA

He has a 47-25 record in three seasons with the Raiders.

Switzerland County's Cooper Todd Commits to Anderson University

He will now go on to join the defending HCAC champions.

On Air

Your Hometown Radio Station playing
Midland and Jon Pardi - Longneck Way to Go

LanCo and Cory Asbury We Grew Up Together 0:26
Toby Keith Who's That Man 0:22
Rascal Flatts How They Remember You 0:19
Hank Williams Jr. Family Tradition 0:15